Open Data Kit (ODK)-based data capture tools.
The Institutional and Operational Frameworks for the Dairy Performance Recording centers (DPRCs)
Guidelines for genotypes delivered by artificial insemination under current conditions in Tanzania
- Brown, A., Ojango, J., Gibson, J., Coffey, m., Okeyo, M. and Mrode, R. 2016. Genomic selection in a crossbred cattle population using data from the Dairy Genetics East Africa Project. Short Communication. J. Dairy Sci. 99:1–5 http://dx.doi.org/10.3168/jds.2016-11083.
- Ojango, J.M.K., Mrode. R., Rege, J.E.O., Mujibi, D., Strucken, E.M., Gibson, J. and MwaI, O. 2019. Genetic evaluation of test-day milk yields from smallholder dairy production systems in Kenya using genomic relationships. Journal of Dairy Science 102(6):52665278. https://cgspace.cgiar.org/handle/10568/100864
- Mrode, R., Ojango, J.M.K., Okeyo, A.M. and Mwacharo, J.M. 2020. Genomic selection and use of molecular tools in breeding programs for indigenous and crossbred cattle in developing countries: Current status and future prospects. Frontiers in Genetics 9: 694. https://hdl.handle.net/10568/99375
- Mrode, R., Ojango, J., Chinyere, E., Gibson, J. and Mwai, O. 2019. Innovative digital technology and genomic approaches to dairy cattle genetic improvement in developing countries. Presented at the Strategic Interest Research Group Meeting on Genetic Improvement of Livestock II, IITA, Ibadan, 2-3 September 2019. Nairobi, Kenya: ILRI. https://cgspace.cgiar.org/handle/10568/106562
- Mrode, R., Ojango, J., Gibson, J. and Mwai, O. 2019. Improving the accuracy of genomic predictions in small holder crossed-bred dairy cattle. Presented at the 7 All Africa Conference on Animal Agriculture (AACAA), Accra , Ghana 29 July– 2 August 2019. Nairobi, Kenya: ILRI. https://hdl.handle.net/10568/106560
- Mrode, R., Aliloo, H., Chinyere, E., Ojango, J., Gibson, J.P. and Okeyo, M. 2019. The application of several genomic models for the analysis of small holder dairy cattle data. Presented at the Interbull Annual Meeting, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 22-24 June 2019. Nairobi, Kenya: ILRI. https://cgspace.cgiar.org/handle/10568/106563
- Okeyo A.M., Ojango, J.M.K., Mrode, R., Quiros, C., Gibson, J., Efa, K., Besufekad, J., Lyatuu, E., Msuta, G., Kahumbu, S., Nyakundi, H.N., Mogaka, D. and Oyieng, E. 2019. Innovative application of ICT tools for paperless data capture and feedback in smallholder dairy production systems: The Platform for African Dairy Genetic Gains (ADGG). Paper presented at the Seventh All Africa conference on Animal Agriculture, Accra, Ghana, 29 July-2 August 2019. https://hdl.handle.net/10568/106392
- Ekine-Dzivenu, C.C., Mrode, R., Ojango, J,M.K. and Okeyo, A.M. 2019. Evaluating the impact of heat stress as measured by temperature- humidity index (THI) on test-day milk yield of dairy cattle in Tanzania. Paper presented at the Seventh All Africa conference on Animal Agriculture, Accra, Ghana, 29 July-2 August 2019. https://hdl.handle.net/10568/106482
- Mrode, R., Ojango, J., Gibson, J.P. and Okeyo, M. 2019. Improving the accuracy of genomic predictions in small holder crossed- bred dairy cattle. Paper presented at the Seventh All Africa conference on Animal Agriculture, Accra, Ghana, 29 July-2 August 2019. https://hdl.handle.net/10568/106483
- African Dairy Genetic Gains program: more productive cattle for Africa’s smallholders http://hdl.handle.net/10568/69179
- African Dairy Genetic Gains program: Innovative private-public partnership for sustainable dairy productivity https://cgspace.cgiar.org/handle/10568/73292